UPDATE – 10:45AM, MAY 19, 2016
May 19, 2016
Fort McMurray and surrounding communities are experiencing extremely high AQHI levels due to smoke from nearby forest fires. Please refer to Alberta Health Services for current Air Quality Advisories.
For reference: the Alberta Environment and Parks 1-hour Particulate Matter (PM2.5) guideline (for calculation of AQHI) is 80 ug/m3.
- AQHI is currently 2 (Low Risk). AQHI of 2 is forecasted for today, tonight and tomorrow.
- AQHI is currently 3 (Low Risk), PM2.5 concentrations are currently 55.50 ug/m3 at Patricia MacInnes (Timberlea area) and 13.02 ug/m3 at Athabasca Valley (located in the Lower Townsite) as of 10 AM.
- A special air quality statement remains in place and AQHI of 10+ is forecasted for today, tonight and tomorrow.
- AQHI is currently at 3 with a current PM2.5 concentration of 43.11 ug/m3. AQHI Forecast is 10+ for today, tonight and tomorrow.
Six Additional Portable Particulate Monitors:
- Fire Hall #1: PM2.5 concentrations were high over night (~90 ug/m3), however PM2.5 is lower, ~20 ug/m3 as of 7 AM.
- McDonald Island: PM2.5 concentrations were high over night (~100 ug/m3), however PM2.5 is lower, ~20-30 ug/m3 as of 7 AM.
- Clearwater: PM2.5 concentrations were low over night but have increased this morning, 84 ug/m3 as of 7 AM.
- Keyano College: PM2.5 concentrations were moderate overnight and 25 ug/m3 as of 7 AM.
- REOC/YMM Airport: PM2.5 concentrations were high overnight (>100 ug/m3) but have lowered this morning, 39 ug/m3 as of 7 AM.
- First Nation Health Centre (Gregoire Lake, South of Fort McMurray): PM2.5 concentrations were high overnight (>100 ug/m3) but have lowered this morning, 30 ug/m3 as of 7 AM.
- The Alberta Environmental Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting Agency (AEMERA) Mobile Air Monitoring Laboratory monitored air quality in the Abasand and Timberlea communities yesterday. PM2.5 concentrations ranged from 124-303 ug/m3 in Abasand in the morning, 40-70 ug/m3 in Abasand around noon, and 10-80 ug/m3 at Ecole McTavish in Timberlea in the afternoon.
- Very high PM2.5 concentrations, currently 202.3 ug/m3 at Conklin station and 154.6 ug/m3 at Conklin Lookout station. Current AQHI is 10 at the Conklin community station, and 9 at the Conklin Lookout station.
- A special air quality statement remains in place. AQHI is currently 1, with AQHI of 2 forecasted for today and 1 for tonight tomorrow. PM concentrations are currently 1.70 ug/m3.